What Are the Types of Women’s Perfume?
Are you confused by all the different types of women’s perfume? Do you know what the types or flavors mean? You may have heard a perfume described as being a floral or oriental, woody or citrus, but then have heard one described as a floral oriental. It can appear to be very confusing but if you have a basic understanding of the main categories, then the subcategories are just extensions of the mains, in way of blends.
There are three fragrance notes to every perfume. The top, middle and base. They change over time which is why when you first smell a scent on yourself it is different to when you smell it an hour or so later. Depending on your own body chemistry it can become deeper and more alluring or it could become where you find the smell quite distasteful. For this reason it is wise to test a perfume on yourself and wait an hour or two before you make that final purchase.
The four main traditional categories or families are:
- Floral – This is an easy one because floral means flower and this fragrance has a flowery scent. Subtle and gentle it can be worn at any time. A famous ‘floral-aldehyde’ perfume is Chanel No 5.
- Woody – These have an earthy tone and are perfect for feeling fresh and alive but still giving that aura of sophistication. Angel Perfume by Thierry Mugler has woody undertones.
- Citrus – This one is fruity, fresh and crisp. Britney Spear’s Believe Perfume, is a Citrus scent and can be worn day or night.
- Oriental – These perfumes are sweet and spicy and the ‘strongest’ of all the perfumes. They depict a certain ‘strength’ as they are intoxicating and sensual. Wearing this type of womens perfume and you are sure to stand out in the crowd, no matter if you are at work or play. Poison by Christian Dior is a well known Oriental fragrance.
Today you also hear perfumes described as being a ‘Green, Chypre or Fougere.’ As with any advances in an industry, perfumes are no different. This is why new categories are appearing. As the times change, so do people’s desires and tastes. What type of women’s perfume do you like? Everyone has their own choice and your choice will become your ‘signature.’
What Are the Types of Women's Perfume?
In the world of women's perfume there are lots of choices. Most women have a favorite particular scent, and most women also have a preference as to the type of scent they enjoy most. Often times a perfume can be chosen by occasion as well. There are romantic, spicy, floral, musky, and other types of scents that match moods, occasions, personal preference and more. Perfumes are usually categorized by specific ingredients, which is what makes the individual scent and its unique flavor.
Best Spicy Scents
Spicy perfumes fall into the Oriental Spicy category. They became popular in the 90's and offer concoctions and blends full of spices, rich musky flowers, ambers, cloves, gingers, and overall are very strong scented blends with an opium quality. Here is a list of the best in spicy designer perfumes that offer exotic, rich, very, spicy and fragrant scents. Many experts suggest these are best for evening wear because they are so rich, but I think a perfume can be worn any time the women feels like it.
1. Cinnebar by Estee Lauder
2. Youth Dew by Estee Lauder
3. Dune by Christian Dior
4. Rush by Gucci
5. Obsession by Calvin Klein
6. Magie Noire by Lancome
7. Shalimar by Guerlain
8. Ciara by Revlon
9. Chergui by Shiseido
10. Black by Bulgari
11. Still by Jennifer Lopez
12. Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
13. Samsara by Guerlain
14. Ginger by Rush
15. Gingerbread by Demeter
16. Emeraude by Coty
17. Hermes by Hermes
18. Amarige by Givenchy
19. Organza by Givenchy
20. Ysatis by Givenchy
20 Best Spicy and Rich Perfumes
Women are supposedly from Venus and men from Mars; their likes, dislikes and interests are often very different and at other times surprisingly similar. This is true especially when it comes to choosing their fragrances. Some would debate whether men can wear women's perfume and vice versa, but on the whole quite a lot of people would say why not?
It is quite common that some women actually like and/or prefer the scents of men's perfume to those made for women. They like them so much that they are quite happy to wear them all - exclusively wear them all the time. Likewise there are men who find perfumes that are classified as women's perfume to be their ideal fragrance. This is why it's worth considering and comparing some of the things that differentiates women's fragrances from perfume for men.
Women's perfume can tune into who a woman is; she may be soft and alluring, loud or moody, calm or bubbly. While a man can be reserved, aggressive, macho or easy going, this are some of the traits can be represented in their choice of perfume. There's a perfume to suit every mood or temperament.
Perfume ingredients for women's scents usually have light floral and fruity characteristics. Fragrances made in this style are the most popular amongst younger women who are the biggest market share of the perfume buying public. Older women tend to go for fragrances that contain heavy floral notes and some spices to add maturity and mystery to the blend.
Men's perfume on the other hand differs from women's because they tend to contain more spicy, woody and green earthy notes. While they can be light and airy or deep and spicy, their ingredients are creatively blended to appeal to its target end user, men.
Perfume makers have made bucket loads of money by concentrating their artistic creativity and resources on giving the market what it wants. They are able to create some of the most popular perfumes that women and women of all ages and income bracket buy and use today. This is very apparent when you consider the growing number of top actors, celebrities, sports personalities and models that are now bring out new perfumes all the time under the umbrella of the big perfume houses.
Ultimately, whether or not a man can wear perfumes for women or a woman use men's perfume is not such a big deal. When you find a perfume that appeal to you it's worth giving it a try regardless of its classification. So why not carry out a mini experiment by visiting the fragrance aisle at your favorite department store and try some of the perfumes classified for the opposite sex. Spray the one you like out on the inside of your wrist to see how it reacts with your body chemistry. Who knows you just might discover it suits you just fine.
- Perfumes For Women Online South Africa
- For Women Perfume South Africa
- New Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Most Popular Womens Perfume South Africa
- Top Perfumes 2018 South Africa
- Perfume Sale Online South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Best New Women’s Perfume South Africa
- Top Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Discount Cologne And Perfume South Africa
- Fragrance Parfum South Africa
- Best Selling Perfumes 2017 South Africa
- Womens Perfume Sets South Africa
- Buy Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Female Perfume Brands South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Fragrances South Africa
- Best Smelling Perfume 2017 South Africa
- Scent Of A Woman Perfume South Africa
- Top 20 Perfumes For Ladies South Africa
- Ladies Cologne Perfume South Africa
- French Perfume Specials South Africa