What Are the Types of Women’s Perfume?
Are you confused by all the different types of women’s perfume? Do you know what the types or flavors mean? You may have heard a perfume described as being a floral or oriental, woody or citrus, but then have heard one described as a floral oriental. It can appear to be very confusing but if you have a basic understanding of the main categories, then the subcategories are just extensions of the mains, in way of blends.
There are three fragrance notes to every perfume. The top, middle and base. They change over time which is why when you first smell a scent on yourself it is different to when you smell it an hour or so later. Depending on your own body chemistry it can become deeper and more alluring or it could become where you find the smell quite distasteful. For this reason it is wise to test a perfume on yourself and wait an hour or two before you make that final purchase.
The four main traditional categories or families are:
- Floral – This is an easy one because floral means flower and this fragrance has a flowery scent. Subtle and gentle it can be worn at any time. A famous ‘floral-aldehyde’ perfume is Chanel No 5.
- Woody – These have an earthy tone and are perfect for feeling fresh and alive but still giving that aura of sophistication. Angel Perfume by Thierry Mugler has woody undertones.
- Citrus – This one is fruity, fresh and crisp. Britney Spear’s Believe Perfume, is a Citrus scent and can be worn day or night.
- Oriental – These perfumes are sweet and spicy and the ‘strongest’ of all the perfumes. They depict a certain ‘strength’ as they are intoxicating and sensual. Wearing this type of womens perfume and you are sure to stand out in the crowd, no matter if you are at work or play. Poison by Christian Dior is a well known Oriental fragrance.
Today you also hear perfumes described as being a ‘Green, Chypre or Fougere.’ As with any advances in an industry, perfumes are no different. This is why new categories are appearing. As the times change, so do people’s desires and tastes. What type of women’s perfume do you like? Everyone has their own choice and your choice will become your ‘signature.’
The Top 5 Recommended Women's and Men's Fragrances
Sometimes women wonder why their most favorite perfume scent doesn't last on their skin all day or all evening. It's because women's fragrances are divided into several categories, and each category has a specific potency for that fragrance.
When you want to apply the most potent and intensive fragrance to the pulse points on your skin, then you will choose a scent that is described as a perfume.
When a woman's fragrance is applied to a pulse point on the body, it is said to make the scent last longer. Pulse points are located on the inside crick of your arm, behind your knee, behind your ear, on the inside of your wrist, or in your throat area.
The next longest lasting fragrance is called eau de parfum, which when translated from the French, is a watered version of the perfume. Next comes eau de toilette, and then eau de cologne.
A fragrance will last longer on your skin when it contains higher amounts of the main fragrance's essential oils. In addition, the longer that fragrance lasts, the more expensive it is.
In eau de cologne, you will find approximately four percent of the perfume's essential oils that make up the fragrance. The fragrance will normally last between three and five hours. The eau de toilette contains approximately eight to fifteen percent essential oils. These fragrances are the least concentrated, which means that you can count on them lasting for approximately only two hours.
At the high end of the fragrance lasting level is perfume or what is called Parfum Classic, which contains approximately thirty percent essential oils. Perfume or a Parfum Classic scent will last more than six hours.
Furthermore, did you know that perfume that is packaged in a small sized bottle will last longer than a perfume that is packaged in a larger size?
Now that you know the potency of each perfume product, you will be able to more knowledgeably buy women's fragrances for yourself or that special person in your life.
20 Best Spicy and Rich Perfumes
In the world of women's perfume there are lots of choices. Most women have a favorite particular scent, and most women also have a preference as to the type of scent they enjoy most. Often times a perfume can be chosen by occasion as well. There are romantic, spicy, floral, musky, and other types of scents that match moods, occasions, personal preference and more. Perfumes are usually categorized by specific ingredients, which is what makes the individual scent and its unique flavor.
Best Spicy Scents
Spicy perfumes fall into the Oriental Spicy category. They became popular in the 90's and offer concoctions and blends full of spices, rich musky flowers, ambers, cloves, gingers, and overall are very strong scented blends with an opium quality. Here is a list of the best in spicy designer perfumes that offer exotic, rich, very, spicy and fragrant scents. Many experts suggest these are best for evening wear because they are so rich, but I think a perfume can be worn any time the women feels like it.
1. Cinnebar by Estee Lauder
2. Youth Dew by Estee Lauder
3. Dune by Christian Dior
4. Rush by Gucci
5. Obsession by Calvin Klein
6. Magie Noire by Lancome
7. Shalimar by Guerlain
8. Ciara by Revlon
9. Chergui by Shiseido
10. Black by Bulgari
11. Still by Jennifer Lopez
12. Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
13. Samsara by Guerlain
14. Ginger by Rush
15. Gingerbread by Demeter
16. Emeraude by Coty
17. Hermes by Hermes
18. Amarige by Givenchy
19. Organza by Givenchy
20. Ysatis by Givenchy
- Perfumes For Women Online South Africa
- For Women Perfume South Africa
- New Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Most Popular Womens Perfume South Africa
- Top Perfumes 2018 South Africa
- Perfume Sale Online South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Best New Women’s Perfume South Africa
- Top Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Discount Cologne And Perfume South Africa
- Fragrance Parfum South Africa
- Best Selling Perfumes 2017 South Africa
- Womens Perfume Sets South Africa
- Buy Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Female Perfume Brands South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Fragrances South Africa
- Best Smelling Perfume 2017 South Africa
- Scent Of A Woman Perfume South Africa
- Top 20 Perfumes For Ladies South Africa
- Ladies Cologne Perfume South Africa
- French Perfume Specials South Africa